5 Reasons Why Real Estate Agents Are Such a Pain-In-The-A$$ to Love
This is a love story.
I would prefer to talk about things about which I think Im fairly qualified. And Im pretty sure I have this one.
Ive worked with Real Estate Agents for a very long time. Theyre awesome. Theyre fuzzy. Theyre cute. They eat a lot of leafy greens. Just think of pandas. Thats pretty much what they are.
We do business. We go to events. Some, Ive gotten to know their lives. I gab with them and we trade books and talk about Netflix and remind one another to stay hydrated. Theres probably some swearing but whadaya gonnado?
And I legit love a Real Estate Agent. Like for really real. He just asked if I was typing a finance letter. Because what else would I be writing? Real Estate Agents are all about getting it done. Its a little incessant. Which brings me to my list.
Why Real Estate Agents Are Such a Pain-In-The-Ass to Love (a Love Story)
1. The Peacock Effect: Real Estate Agents are peacocks. There is not a profession that, on the whole, is better dressed. The level is like way, way up here. Theres a great deal of primary colour and shiny accessories. They stealth around. Waiting. And then whammo! The plume. If you love a Real Estate Agent, you have to know many, many adjectives for You look amazing and no one has ever looked better in the history of the universe. Their hair never needs to be cut.
2. This brings me to their cars which MUST BE FLY! They talk about cars a lot. And a little too affectionately. Its weird. Ive rolled my eyes in every car dealership in this city.
3. The Holy Heck Pick a New Topic Effect: Houses. Houses. Houses. If anybody questions the value of the service. Let me tell you, Cuz.they list your house and then they talk about it. All the time. To everyone. Everywhere. If you want to buy a house. They ask for it. All the time. To everyone. Everywhere. Dont worry about the commission. Trust me. They wont shut the hell up about your houses. If you happen to be with them trying to watch the latest episode of The Walking Dead. Dragzville! I think a Real Estate Agent probably invented DVR.
4. Is it time to talk about their phone? Nope. I cant. There is infinity number of things wrong about a Real Estate Agent and their phone. I cant even. See #3. Extend to 4 different social media platforms. Multi-up on text and email and add response hours that span three time zones. If you love a Real Estate Agent, youve totally heard What? Im listening to you, while the screen light bounces off their faces like a Wes Craven movie. Every now and then you have to lose your marbles about it completely. Then they reform. For about an hour.
5. The Vacation-Alert Effect: They dont really vacation. Like not really really. They just mostly talk about your houses from the beach.
But this is a love story.
Theres a level of switched on that you have to maintain to be in the real estate business. It never really goes away for the day. Love is flawed and perfect. Its changing and static. Its pictures and stories and memories of the moments when that worked out. Business got switched off or properly coordinated or whatever needed to happen to make the thing that comes first, be first. Its celebrating when that works. Its encouraging when that falls short. Its a thing that Real Estate Agents tend to talk about. More than the average panda bear, Id say. How exactly to make it all work. And I take heart in that.
And I picture all my cute, fuzzy little Pandastate Agents going home. And looking around. And remembering why theyre doing it in the first place. I think they do. While their phones are charging.