Shift into winter driving
An early blast of winter will make for a messy and slow commute across Canada this week.
That's why CAA is reminding members to be prepared for higher than normal call volumes and longer than normal wait times.
Remember that winter driving takes a change in mindset and technique.
- Check your local weather forecast
- Plan your route and give yourself extra travel time
- Dress for the weather
- Remove all the snow and ice from your vehicle
- Top up windshield washer fluid
- Drive according to the road conditions
- Give yourself extra braking distance
- Be alert behind the wheel
Keep the following in your vehicle:
- Ice scraper
- Snow brush
- Windshield washer fluid
- Booster cables
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Extra clothing and footwear
- First aid kit
- Smart phone and charger
Unexpected weather or car trouble can happen when you least expect it. When it does, members can track their roadside service requests using CAA Service Tracker. Download the CAA app or visit caasco.com to enable CAA Service Tracker when you need it.