Top 5 improvements to increase the value of your home
The year is coming to an end and it might be time to start thinking about the new year’s resolutions.
A popular one for homeowners is remodeling their house or apartment, whether they want to put it on the market or they simply want to make it more livable and fall in love with it again.
Here are the top 5 improvements you can do to renovate your home and increase property value!
1. Flooring. Flooring is one of the most important aspects of a house. Getting carpets cleaned can make a huge difference to the look (and smell) of a home so calling in a professional is well worth considering. You will also see an immediate rise of your property value with the installation of hardwood floors. For the bathroom, tile is always in demand and retain value exceptionally well.
2. Entry door. The front door makes a big first impression since it is the first part of a home that is viewed up close by visitors. With a quick improvement you can add overall curb appeal while reducing heating and cooling costs.
3. Kitchen. The kitchen is the heart of the house so having it in a tip-top shape will increase the value of your house for prospective buyers. Don’t worry if you don’t have the money for a high-end renovation: small remodeling projects can prove just as valuable.
4. Bathroom. The bathroom is the second most important room in the home in terms of valuation. If your home has only one full bathroom, try to use dead space in the home to add a half-bathroom you could get a dramatic rise in the market value of your home.
5. Additional suite. Converting the attic or the basement into living space is a great way to increase the value of your home. Additional living space is extremely in demand as it can be used as an additional bedroom, as a study, or it can be converted into a rental. In that way it can also cover a portion (or all) of your mortgage payments if you are able to rent it.